Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pictures and the story...

Here are some fun pics we took of the girls. Grace is in the pink onesie and Holland is in the white.















































































Here is the story for those who want to hear it. At my last appointment on Thurs the 18th my Dr. decided to induce me that Monday because one of the babies was about a pound smaller than the other. I would be 37 weeks along and it was more beneficial to get the babies out and get the little runt growing.

So I went to the hospital at 5 am Monday June 22nd. They started me on pitocin at about 6:30 and I was dialated 2 cm. I got my epidural at 10:30 and the Dr. came to check me at 1:30. He said I was barely dialated 4 cm then he broke my water and left. At 3:30 the nusre came in to check me and I was dialated 10 cm! They called the Dr. and I pushed through about 3 contractions with the nurse. When the Dr got there I pushed through 3 more contractions and out popped Grace at 3:57 pm. She had the cord wrapped around her neck 2 times but it wasn't tight and it had just happened during the delivery so she was fine. The second baby was breach so the Dr reach in and pulled her out by her feet. So Holland was born at 3:59 pm.

Brett and I went home from the hospital on Wednesday but the girls stayed a little longer to learn to eat better and gain some weight. Grace came home on Thursday and Holland came home on Friday.

After looking at the placenta the Dr guessed that they are faternal but he sent it to the lab anyway. A few days later they called and told me that the result came back and they are identical! We think they look pretty different but it's probably because Grace has a an extra pound of fat on her. They are close to the same length and head size, Holland is just a skinny little thing.

The girls are such good babies but we still aren't getting much sleep because each feeding takes twice as long with two.

16 comments:

Scott and Cheryse said...

I am glad you guys are home and feeling better. I can imagine most of your day is spent feeding. Can't wait to come over once you are settled in more.

Anonymous said...

so cute, love the pictures...they do look different though!

The Clarks said...

I'm in love. :D

Meedy said...

OH MY HECK!!! Those girls are so cute! I bet you are just eating up all of those photo ops! I can't wait to see more pictures! I am so glad that the delivery went well and that you are okay. You are amazing. I still can't believe you have twins! I hope you can get some sleep. Love you guys.

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

What a great story, Stef! I'm glad it all went well :) They're so beautiful!!!!

Heather said...

Hooray for pictures! So cute, well done. I am glad you shared the birth story and that you are surviving. How cool that they are identical, I will let the office know the update and to check your blog for some eye candy.

Happy feeding and I hope you get a schedule down soon so you all can get some shut-eye.

Brittany said...

AAAAAAAAAAAA! What a great story! Thank you for sharing! I wish my labor was that easy! Wow they are just the most adorable things i have ever seen! Congrats~

Lindsay said...

They are so precious. What a blessing to have your delivery go so well. Make sure you are getting sleep.

Denise and Brandon said...

Wow! Way to go Steph! They're so precious.

Megan and Shawn said...

Phirf! They are beautiful, and how fun to have identical girls?? You sounded like a trooper, and I hope things continue to go well. Keep us posted!

Tiffany said...

identical? that is crazy! so random you and ali had not only twins, but identical ones! congrats on your new little ones. they are so darling!

Mollie Lawrence said...

that's twice the blessings, even if the feedings do take longer! Glad to hear all went well, thanks for sharing the pictures, grandma & I really enjoyed them:)

Kori said...

Very cute pictures! I didn't realize they came home after you did. I'm also glad your induction went so much quicker than mine. Good luck with all those night feedings, I totally sympathize.

Erin said...

I still can't believe Dr Beck pulls the 2nd baby out. I have never heard of that! It sounds like pushing was pretty quick! The pictures are darling. I love the ones of them snuggled up together. That must have been so hard to have to leave them at the hospital. Are you bottle feeding them or at this point can you only nurse one at a time? Learning to nurse with twins would be pretty tricky I bet!

ALYN said...

I love the first pic of them snuggling each other, and one is smiling. So darling! I admire you for getting pictures taken so young. That's a big accomplishment.

Congrats on the babies, I'm sorry we weren't able to come out to Queen Creek to meet them. Take care of yourself...

Joel and Lisa Wagenman said...

These are the cutest pics I have ever seen in my life! That first one with Holland smiling is to precious! Who made their head bands? Kudos to whoever did - SO cute!